OPERATIONAL PROCEDURE FOR THE USE OF THE SURPLUS CHEMICAL REDISTRIBUTION PLAN (ChemExchange)
The ChemExchange Program implements part of the UNMC Waste Minimization Plan. Hazardous waste minimization is recommended as part of UNMC Small Quantity Generator (SQG) status as a hazardous waste generator.
NOTE: If you have suggestions that will make this list more user-friendly, please contact Trevor Carritt at ext. 9-6356 or Email: email@example.com. Chemicals are offered on a "first come, first serve" basis. The list will be updated approximately once a week.
- This list may be viewed via web browser on the Chemical and Radiation Safety Home Page at http://www.unmc.edu/crso/ with a computer with internet access.
- If your computer does not have internet access, contact the Chemical Safety Office at ext. 9-6356. A current list may be sent to you.
- If a chemical is found on ChemExchange that the user wishes to acquire, please contact the Chemical Safety Office at ext. 9-6356. If that chemical is still available, it will be delivered to your laboratory as quickly as possible.
- CCT: Chemical Collection Tag
- CAS#: Chemical Abstract Services Number.
- SEAL COND: This describes the condition of the container contents. SEALED indicates that the container is still sealed and full. UNSEALEDindicates that the seal has been removed. There will be an approximation of the amount of remaining material.
- Manufactures: The manufacturer's name if available.
- MSDS: This indicates if the manufacturer's MSDS or its equivalent is available for the chemical.
- Storage: This indicates the proper storage location for this material.
- Amount: This is the size of container.