We welcome you to the website of the Office of the UNMC Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
As the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, H. Dele Davies is the chief academic officer at UNMC and is responsible for wide-ranging aspects of student and faculty academic life and practice in our programs across the entire state of Nebraska. He also is the responsible authority in the absence of the Chancellor. The primary purpose of the Academic Affairs office is to enhance and enrich the academic experiences of students and faculty at UNMC. The Vice Chancellor leads an excellent and experienced staff that is responsible for the following activities:
- Coordination and control in the development of new innovative academic programs
- Review of established programs
- Faculty appointments, promotions, tenure and retirement issues
- Faculty development programs
- Oversight of the Office of Student Services
- Administration of Regulatory Affairs, Chemical and Radiation Safety,
- Management of the UNMC Compliance Office including Conflict of Interest and Research Misconduct
- Supervision of Centralized Room Scheduling
- Overseeing and coordinating all Academic Affiliation Agreements (signatory authority)
- Management of the UNMC Institutional Research Office
- Administrative oversight of the McGoogan Library of Medicine
The Vice Chancellor also serves as the UNMC Dean for Graduate Studies and oversees the Office of Post-Doctoral Studies as well as the Office of Interprofessional Education.
Omaha, NE 68198-7810