University of Nebraska Medical Center
Promotion and Tenure Recommendations
2014-2015 Academic Year
Below are the new revised UNMC Promotion and Tenure Guidelines for 2015 along with guidelines for creating a Teaching Portfolio. These guidelines were created by an interprofessional committee led by Dr. Peter Coccia and have gone through substantial vetting by Rowen Zetterman and many others from each of your units. The main changes are that there is stronger emphasis paid to enabling promotion based on scholarly teaching and use of the Teaching Portfolio to support such teaching.
All recommendations for the awarding of Continuous Appointments (tenure) and/or for promotion must be received in the Chancellor's office by submission deadline of March 16, 2015. It should be noted that this is the deadline for the final submission of the recommendation. The promotion and tenure process begins in the department/units as early as November, please check with your administrator for your unit's deadlines.
- UNMC Guidelines
- Creating a Teaching Portfolio
- UNMC Transmittal Form (Please print on yellow paper for 2014-2015)
- UNMC Transmittal Form - Fillable PDF (top of form may be filled in prior to printing) - (Please print on yellow paper for 2014-2015)
- Curriculum Vitae Format
Promotion and Tenure Guidelines by Unit
- Academic Appointment Types
Promotion and Tenure
- Separation From Appointment
Academic Titles for SAP Entry (unpaid)