Academic Recruitment Procedures
- Department reviews the need for position and determines the required/preferred qualifications and essential functions. (NOTE: Requirements must be related to job to be performed.)
- Prepare Requisition in Jobs@ and Physical Requirements Form.
NOTE: Every ad must state:
"Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply."
- Submit Requisition to the Dean for approval. Once approved, the Dean's Office forwards the Requisition to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for final approval.
- After receiving approved copy of Requisition from Academic Services, you must advertise the vacancy through a diversity publication such as the INSIGHT Into Diversity or Diverse: Issues in Higher Education. You must also advertise in at least one nationally distributed specialty publication or professional society organization publication. If decision is made not to fill an open position, notify the Dean's Business Office and Academic Services.
- Academic Appointment Types
Promotion and Tenure
- Separation From Appointment
Academic Titles for SAP Entry (unpaid)