RADIOGRAPHY PROGRAM PREFERENCE FACTORS
The requirements for admission described in Admission Requirements are minimum requirements for admission. Because admission to the Program is highly competitive, the Program has designated a number of "Preference Factors" for applicants. In considering applicants for admission to the Program, the Admissions Committee will give preference for admission to applicants possessing the following:
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.00 scale).
- A science & math grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.00 scale)
- Strong motivation to become a radiologic technologist based on a thorough understanding of the profession.
- Strong motivation to practice in a medically underserved area. Prior work or volunteer experience in health care.
- Significant extracurricular, professional, or service organization involvement and activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the personal written statement in the application and in the interview.
- Personal qualities relating to maturity and professionalism as demonstrated in the interview and letters of recommendation
- Nebraska residency.
Note: The RT program participates in two early admission programs: RHOP and KHOP. Up to four (4) positions in each entering class (3 – RHOP, 1 – KHOP) are reserved for applicants to these programs.
- About the Profession
- Our Program
- Admission to the Program
Mission & Goals
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies