CT Practicum Preference Factors
The requirements for admission described in Admission Requirements are minimum requirements for admission. In considering applicants for admission to the Practicum, the Admissions Committee will give preference for admission to applicants possessing the following:
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.00 scale).
- A radiography program grade point average of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.00 scale).
- Strong motivation to become a CT technologist based on a thorough understanding of the profession.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in health care.
- Significant extracurricular, professional, or service organization involvement and activity.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the personal written statement in the application and in the interview.
- Personal qualities relating to maturity and professionalism as demonstrated in the interview and letters of recommendation.