Cytotechnology Admission Fast Facts
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate with 32 semester credit hours of graduate level coursework.
Admission to the Cytotechnology Program requires the applicant to successfully complete the following prior to matriculation:
University / College Required Prerequisites
Admission to the Cytotechnology Program requires the applicant to possess a bachelor's degree and be well rounded in the biological sciences, chemistry and mathematics.
Twenty (20) semester hours are required which may include laboratory sessions. Such courses should emphasize body structure, development, tissue organization and function. These courses may include but are not limited to general biology, bacteriology, parasitology, cell biology, physiology, anatomy, zoology, histology, embryology, genetics and immunology.
Eight (8) semester hours including laboratory session are required.
Three (3) semester hours are required.
Required by School of Allied Health Professions Academic and Student Affairs
1. On-line Application for Admission
2. $70 non-refundable application processing fee
3. One (1) set of official transcripts
4. English proficiency requirement, if your native language is not English.
5. Foreign transcripts, if you completed coursework from an institution outside the USA.
Required by Cytotechnology Education
1. Bachelor's Degree (well-rounded in biological sciences, chemistry and mathematics)
2. Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale with preference to students possessing a GPA of higher than a 2.8
3. Three (3) letters of recommendation
Number of students accepted into the Cytotechnology Program per year - 6
Average number of applications submitted per year - 15-20
Preference given to applicants possessing a GPA higher than 2.8 (based on 4.0 scale) and computer and/or previous health care experience.