Diagnostic Medical Sonography Fast Facts
Undergraduate Degrees Offered:
Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology
The program is approximately 12 months in length. Program starts each fall semester.
Prior to matriculation (start of the program) the program requires the applicant to successfully complete or present the following:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiography program. Students who are in their final months of study are eligible to apply.
- Current certification by the ARRT.
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. (Excludes radiography program coursework.)
- A radiography program GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
University / College Required Prerequisites:
Successful completion of 35 semester hours at an accredited college or university including:
- English Composition (6 semester hours)
- College Algebra (3 semester hours)
- Statistics (3 semester hours)
- Chemistry with Lab (4 semester hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology with Lab (4 semester hours)
- General Physics (4 semester hours)
- Medical Terminology (2 semester hours)
- Speech / Oral Communications / Public Speaking (3 semester hours)
- Humanities or Social Sciences (6 semester hours)
Successful completion of specific requisites prior to graduation from the program (courses may be part of a radiography program):
- Patient care
- Medical Ethics & Law
- Sectional Anatomy
Program requirements are subject to change. Grades lower than a "C" will not transfer to UNMC for credit.
A minimum of 120 semester hours are required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Science Technology.
Required by the School of Allied Health Professions Academic and Student Affairs:
- On-line Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- $70 non-refundable application processing fee.
- One (1) set of official transcripts, including your Radiography and/or Nuclear Medicine Program transcripts.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- If your native language is not English, click this link: English proficiency requirement
- If you completed coursework from an institution outside the USA: Foreign transcripts
Number of applications received: 12-16 Number of students accepted: 8
|Average Prerequisite GPA||3.5||3.7|
|Average Cumulative GPA||3.5||3.66|
|Average Radiography Program GPA||3.66||3.8|
- About the Profession
- About the program
- Admission to the Program
- Faculty & Staff
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies