Diagnostic Medical Sonography Fast Facts
Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology
Post-Baccalaureate Professional Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program. Students in their final months of study are eligible to apply.
- Current certification by the ARRT.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Radiography program GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
University / College Required Prerequisites:
Successful completion of 21 semester hours at an accredited college or university including:
Language / Social Sciences (9 semester hours)
- Written or Oral Communication required
- Course work meeting this requirement may include but is not limited to literature, composition, communication, speech, foreign language, philosophy, psychology, sociology, art, history, religion.
Mathematics (3 semester hours)
- College Algebra, Statistics or higher mathematics
Natural Sciences (9 semester hours)
- College or General Physics required
- Course work meeting this requirement may include but is not limited to anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, physics or earth science.
Requirements are subject to change. Grades lower than a "C-" will not transfer to UNMC for credit.
A minimum of 120 semester hours are required to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Science Technology.
Forty (40) hours are required for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate.
Required by the School of Allied Health Professions Academic and Student Affairs:
- On-line Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- $70 non-refundable application processing fee.
- One (1) set of official transcripts, including your Radiography Program transcripts.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- English proficiency requirement, if your native language is not English.
- Foreign transcripts, if you completed coursework from an institution outside the USA.
Number of applications received: 12-16 Number of students accepted: 6-8
|Average Prerequisite GPA||3.5||3.7|
|Average Cumulative GPA||3.5||3.66|
|Average Radiography Program GPA||3.66||3.8|
- About the Profession
- Our Program
- Admission to the Program
- Faculty & Staff
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies