mps dao program description
The Master of Perfusion Science (MPS) Degree Advancement Option (DAO) allows working Perfusionist, who have completed a CAAHEP-accredited perfusion program, the opportunity to advance their education and professional goals while working in their home communities. Qualified candidates work with the program director to develop a plan of study that includes coursework and a thesis project designed to match the student's clinical and educational background with their professional goals.
Students are allowed up to 3 years to complete the degree advancement option; however it it possible to complete the program in four semesters, depending on the student's course load. Potential students apply online. Please follow the instructions on the How to Apply page.
All of the MPA DAO curriculum must be completed to qualify for degree completion. Students must be awarded a minimum of 70 total semester hours of college credit to be eligible to graduate from UNMC with a Master's Degree. It MAY be necessary to complete additional coursework; to be determined on an individual basis.
Courses are available through a variety of distance learning technologies (mostly synchronous and asynchronous online activities, independent reading, and projects). Students are required to write papers, complete projects, conduct research, communicate with professors and students online, work independently on assignments and with coworkers on group projects, do case presentations, take quizzes and exams, etc.
The Master of Perfusion Science Degree Advancement Option has these objectives:
- To enable Perfusion professionals in good standing to earn a Master's of Perfusion Science (MPS) degree.
- To utilize distance learning technologies; providing access to education and the opportunity for technologists to continue to work in their profession while they complete their degree.
- To provide Perfusion professionals the opportunity to advance professionally and personally, develop independent-thinking and critical-judgment skills, and to become more flexible and competitive in today’s healthcare environment.
- MPS Degree Advancement Option
- MPAS Degree Advancement Option
- Non-degree Seeking
- Financial Aid & Scholarships