Magnetic Resonance Imaging Fast Facts
Undergraduate Degrees Offered:
Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
For admittance into the program, the technologist must have completed an accredited radiography program and be certified in their profession (ARRT).
Admission to the MRI Program requires the applicant to successfully complete the following prior to matriculation:
University / College Required Prerequisites
Successful completion of 32 semester hours at an accredited college or university. The required semester hours must include the following:
- Language / Social Sciences (12 semester hours)
- Course work meeting these requirements may include, but is not limited to, literature, composition, communication, speech, foreign language, philosophy, psychology, sociology, art, history, or religion.
- Mathematics (3 semester hours)
- College Algebra, Statistics, or higher mathematics
- Natural Sciences (9 semester hours)
- Course work meeting this requirement may include, but is not limited to, anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, physics, or earth science.
A maximum of 6 College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Advanced Placement (AP) semester
hours will be accepted for transfer. CLEP semester hours in math and science will not be accepted & no
more than 3 CLEP or AP hours of English Composition will be accepted.
All science courses must be basic science courses for science majors.
College prerequisites, course requirements, and program requirements are subject to change.
Required by the School of Allied Health Professions Academic and Student Affairs
1. On-line Application for Undergraduate Admission
2. $70 non-refundable application processing fee
3. One (1) set of official transcripts
4. English proficiency requirement, if your native language is not English.
5. Foreign transcripts, if you completed coursework from an institution outside the USA.
Required by Radiation Science Education – MRI Program
1. Completion of 32 semester hours prior to matriculation
-Grades lower than “C” will not transfer to UNMC for credit
2. Demonstrated capability in upper division science and math courses
3. Three (3) letters of recommendation
4. Written narrative
*UNMC’s Magnetic Resonance Imaging program has an initial consideration deadline and a final consideration deadline for admission. Applicants applying by the initial deadline will be given priority consideration for positions available in the class. Applications submitted after the initial deadline will only be considered if positions are still available in the class. These late applications will be considered on an individual basis. If positions are filled in the class prior to the final deadline, the application will be closed and no more applications will be accepted.
All applicants, regardless of application completion or acceptance status, are encouraged to submit their FAFSA data to UNMC prior to April 1st to ensure consideration for all aid options. Please refer to the financial aid process page: Apply for Financial Aid.
- About the Profession
- Our Program
- Admission to the Program
Mission & Goals
- Faculty & Staff
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies