A UNMC nuclear medicine student gains clinical experience by rotating through the following clinical sites:
- The Nebraska Medical Center
- Alegent Health - Immanuel Medical Center
- Creighton University Medical Center
- Bergan Cardiology Specialists, P.C.
- Veterans Health Administration
- Cardinal Health Nuclear Pharmacy
The didactic component complies with the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board. Some of the courses in the curriculum include Radiopharmacy, Instrumentation, and Clinical Procedures & Diagnosis.
The UNMC Nuclear Medicine Program has a first time board certification pass rate of 100 since the program was developed.
Nuclear medicine is a rewarding profession with ever-changing technology and extensive patient contact. Potential candidates should be sensitive to patients’ needs, detail oriented, able to follow instructions, able to work as part of a team, and technologically competent.
List of technical standards required by the nuclear medicine profession
- About the Profession
- Our Program
- Admission to the Program
- Faculty & Staff
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies