WHAT IS NU-PATHS?
Nebraska University Pre-Admission to the Health Sciences (NU-PATHS) is a collaborative program developed between the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Kearney, University of Nebraska at Omaha, and the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The NU-PATHS program assists selected students in their undergraduate pre-health curricula at one of the NU undergraduate campuses and guarantees admission to the selected UNMC program upon successful, and timely, completion of their undergraduate pre-professional program of study.
The purpose of NU-PATHS is to recruit and educate academically talented students who demonstrate, through life experiences and personal motivation, a desire to become health care professionals who are willing to serve persons in need of health care in medically underserved communities. It is anticipated that program graduates will practice in medically underserved urban communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Prospective NU-PATHS program applicants must complete and submit an application packet to the selected NU undergraduate institution. The application packet must include written essays, high school transcript, class rank and grade point average as well as four letters of reference, and ACT or SAT scores.
- The application deadline is February 1.
- Completed applications are to be submitted to the selected undergraduate campus where they will be reviewed and disseminated to the appropriate college/department for review by February 7.
- Qualifying candidates will be selected for a personal interview and their names will be sent to the NU-PATHS administration committee by February 15.
- Candidate interviews will be scheduled for on or about March 15.
Each professional program may select new program participants per year. In the School of Allied Health Professions, the following programs are allowed to select:
Clinical Laboratory Science - 1
Physician Assistant - 2
Physical Therapy - 1
Radiation Sciences - 1
For additional information on NU-PATHS at any of the University of Nebraska campuses, click on the links below:
University of Nebraska-Lincoln NU-PATHS Program
- Admissions Workshop
- Pathway Programs
- SAHP Academic and Student Affairs
- Student Information System (SIS)