A UNMC radiation therapy student gains clinical experience by rotating through the following cancer centers:
- Alegent Creighton - Bergan Mercy Medical Center
- Alegent Creighton - Immanuel Medical Center
- Alegent Creighton Medical Center
- Nebraska Methodist Hospital
- The Nebraska Medical Center
- The Nebraska Medical Center Village Point Cancer Center
- Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center, Lincoln, NE
- Jennie Edmundson Hospital, Council Bluffs, IA
- Midwest Cancer Center - Lakeside Hospital
The didactic component is composed of 41 semester hours and complies with the American Society of Radiologic Technology curriculum. Some of the courses in the curriculum include Treatment Planning, Patient Care, and Radiation Therapy Physics.
The UNMC radiation therapy program has a first time ARRT pass rate of over 99.9% and 100% pass rate over the last 15 years.
Radiation Therapy is a rewarding profession with ever-changing technology and extensive patient contact. This career allows for a challenging work day as well as time for a personal life. If you feel you are a compassionate, motivated person who appreciates technical precision, this career may be for you.
For technical standards required to be a Radiation Therapist, please click here.
- About the Profession
- Our Program
- Admission to the Program
- BSRST Degree Advancement Option
Handbooks & Policies