Dear Alumni, Students, Faculty, and Friends:
Your UNMC Alumni Office is building vital staff, partnerships and activities to promote our UNMC colleges and programs. Here are some of the exciting things we’ve been doing lately:
- The UNMC Alumni Association, the umbrella organization for all UNMC alumni chapters, recently added two new alumni chapters: the Clinical Perfusion Education Alumni Chapter and the Graduate Studies Alumni Chapter..
- Our alumni chapters are working to offer continuing education opportunities for alumni through resources at UNMC. In the last year, five of our chapters have offered discounted or no-cost CE for their alumni.
- The UNMC Alumni Relations Office is working to enhance communication efforts with our alumni through e-newsletter communications, social media and LinkedIn. A vast network of UNMC alumni is online waiting for you!
- Our hallmark events, alumni reunions, have continued to grow. UNMC Alumni Weekend 2013, with the theme Now & Then, was held on October 11-12, 2013 for alumni of the colleges of Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy. Reunions are a great opportunity for you to catch up with your classmates and see all the changes at UNMC.
- In the summer of 2013, we published our first UNMC alumni directory in eleven years!
- If you drive by the UNMC Alumni House, you may notice its a little quiet. That's because the alumni office staff has been temporarily relocated to the Student Life Center while the University makes external and internal improvements to our home. We will be showing pictures of the changes soon! Our rentals are on hold while the improvements are underway, but when the work is done the House will be better than ever and back in event business!
I would love to hear your ideas to improve our work. Please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail with your ideas! And, when you have time, head over to our photo galleries to see what we've been up to.
Roxanna Jokela, Director
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- College of Dentistry
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Graduate Studies
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- COM Parents & Family
- Friends of the Library
- History of UNMC
- NU Foundation