Dear Alumni, Students, Faculty, and Friends:
Vitality is the word at UNMC and your Alumni Office is on the move with building vital staff, partnerships and activities to promote our UNMC colleges and programs. Here are some of the exciting things we’ve been doing lately:
- In the spring of 2009, the Alumni Relations Office moved into the beautiful Omaha Woman’s Club mansion. This facility provides an elegant venue for alumni meetings and activities and is available to rent for alumni and for private events.
- We signed an agreement with the University of Nebraska Foundation that will help us connect with our alumni across Nebraska and the world. The agreement was originally signed in 2009 and was renewed in 2012.
- In January 2010, the UNMC Alumni Association became a 501c3 umbrella organization for all the alumni chapters. There are now a total of nine chapters under this umbrella - Clinical Laboratory Science, Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Physician Assistant, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Radiation Science Technology Education.
- In the last two years, three new chapters were born, including: Public Health, Clinical Laboratory Science and Radiation Science Technology Education. Now, the UNMC Alumni Association is preparing to add new Allied Health alumni chapters and a graduate studies chapter.
- Get ready for the 2013 School of Allied Health Professions All School Reunion: Allies Assemble! Watch for dates for UNMC Alumni Weekend 2013, with the theme Now & Then. Both of these events will be a great opportunity for you to catch up with your classmates and see all the changes at UNMC.
- In 2013, we will publish our first UNMC alumni directory in eleven years! Directories are in the publication stages and will be available soon.
I would love to hear your ideas to improve our work. Please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail with your ideas!
Roxanna Jokela, Director
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- College of Dentistry
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- COM Parents & Family
- Friends of the Library
- History of UNMC
- NU Foundation