- This course is designed as an Advanced Course in Perioperative Echocardiography to help anesthesiologists and critical care physicians become experts in the field of perioperative echocardiography, focusing on both transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE). The course will meet on-site for 4 week-long sessions over the course of one year.
- You will have didactics from advanced TEE and TTE trained certified instructors while on-site as well as hands-on instruction for TTE and TEE via echo simulation. Most learning takes place as you complete your studies at your own institution and bring them back for peer review.
- Physicians will receive 160 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for the Advanced Course to be used toward Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Certification.
- A certificate of course completion will be awarded once the student has completed course work.
- Completion of this activity is being certified under the AMA Guidelines for New Procedures and Skills.
Echo Basic Course
Visit 1: September 8-10, 2014
Visit 2: October 27-29, 2014
Visit 1: February 23-25, 2015
Visit 2: April 27-29, 2015
Echo Advanced Course
Week 1: November 3-7, 2014
Week 2: January 26-30, 2015
Week 3: April 20-24, 2015
Week 4: June 22-26, 2015