The Department of Anesthesiology is approved by the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) and the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) of the American Medical Association (AMA) for the program.
Physicians who wish to be considered for a program position are asked to submit the following information. All applications are screened by committee. Select applicants will be invited for a personal interview.
NOTE: Please send all information in one package.
- Must be board certified or board eligible physician.
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of Intent that describes in one page or less:
- Your goals for training in perioperative echocardiography
- The impact of perioperative echocardiography on your practice
- Curriculum Vitae with two (2) references including relation, position, organization, phone and address
- Two recent, passport-sized photographs
- Copy of valid medical license
- Letter of good standing for clinical privileges completed by the chairman or head of department
In addition to the above items students will be required to bring five (5) completed echo cases on their own patients to the EMF faculty upon arrival at their first on-site session.
Send or fax application information to:
Department of Anesthesiology
984455 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-4455
Phone: (402) 559-7370
Fax: (402) 559-7372
- Residency Education
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship
- Perioperative & Critical Care Echocardiography
The Omaha Community