Students will train and perform research projects supported by a principal investigator at UNMC for 4 to 5 years, resulting in a Ph.D. awarded from UNMC.
For available Ph.D. granting programs and all other information, please visit our Graduate Studies website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: International students are NOT permitted into the Biomedical Research Training Program
SUMMARY of APPLICATION PROCESS: DEADLINE to submit the following materials to UNMC: JANUARY 15
- Complete the online application form at UNMC's Graduate Studies website.
- A signed sponsor letter from current advisor & three letters of recommendation
- Official, original transcripts (also known as Certified Marksheets) - no photocopies
- Official Degree Statement (can submit this after degree is awarded, if in process) - no photocopies
- Official GRE/TOEFL test scores sent to UNMC from ETS (code 6896). IELTS scores are accepted in place of TOEFL. Minimum TOEFL score: 550 (paper), 213 (computer), 80 (internet). GRE scores must not be more than three years old. ***See below for more information. No photocopies.
- Application fee is waived for CSC applicants. You must choose the "CSC Scholar" box on the online application.
- Notify APRDP office once application is complete.
- Notification of UNMC conditional acceptance typically given around February 15 by APRDP office.
For CSC application: Applications to the Chinese institution and/or CSC for the scholarship are typically due around February 20 and will be evaluated and approved by CSC. The final results are typically officially announced in the month of June.
TRANSCRIPTS & DEGREE STATEMENTS:
- Must be in English: If your official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work are in a language other than English, a certified English translation must be included.
- Transcripts must carry the signature of a responsible official in which the work was done and the seal of that institution, or must be certified true copies of the original records.
- Transcripts should clearly indicate the grades received or the standing attained on required examinations.
- Official degree statements must be in English: If the official degree statement is in a language other than English, a certified English translation must be included with the certification being provided after their duplication.
***TOEFL AND GRE SCORES:
- Applicants from foreign countries where English is not the primary language must present official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and official scores on the Graduate Record Examination.
- A score of at least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, or 80 on the internet-based TOEFL is required.
- Official score reports from the Educational Testing Service are required. Photocopies will not be accepted. Under no circumstances will we accept GRE scores that are more than three years old. Computer-based scores from the People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong), Korea, and Taiwan will not be accepted if taken prior to July 2003.
- Foreign students admitted for graduate study on the basis of undergraduate work completed in a college or university in which instruction is in a language other than English will be required to demonstrate acceptable proficiency in English before they will be eligible for admission to candidacy for a Masters degree or for approval of their program of studies for the Ph.D. degree. The institutional code for the University of Nebraska Medical Center is 6896.
- CSC Programs at UNMC
Faculty/Administrator Training Program
Health Professions Degree Program
Shanghai Sino-U.S. Health Science Initiative (SSUHSI)
SSUHSI-Doctor of Medicine Program
SSUHSI - Doctor of Medicine Program Application
SSUHSI-Pharmacy Doctorate Program
SSUHSI-Pharmacy Doctorate Program Application
SSUHSI-Physical Therapy Doctorate Program
SSUHSI-Physical Therapy Doctorate Program Application
- Shanghai Sino-U.S. Health Science Initiative (SSUHSI)
Joint MD/PhD Degree-Seeking Program
Joint Research Training Program
Medical & Nursing Clinical Rotations Program
PhD Degree-Seeking Program
Physician Training Program
Postdoctoral Scholar/Visiting Scholar