UNMC College of Medicine
UNMC prepares medical degree students to meet the health care needs of patients through clinical practice, biomedical science and research, problem solving and compassion.
Our unique approach exposes students to a mix of basic science and clinical material presented in core subjects instead of the traditional presentation by department (e.g. anatomy, biochemistry, etc.). This allows students to grasp the connectedness of the physical systems.
In addition to large lectures, students benefit from small group learning sessions where they examine patient scenarios, discuss a variety of relevant topics and practice their clinical skills on patient simulators.
Students can participate in additional programs, which provide in-depth study in a selected area of medicine.
Our goal for the medical degree program is to prepare you for success in primary care or specialty fields. Throughout the course of your four years, you will learn to master the following concepts and skills:
- Learn basic science, behavioral science, and clinical science concepts to integrate and apply to the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients:
- Learn and demonstrate the clinical and procedural skills necessary to meet the initial expectations of any residency program;
- Acquire and exhibit skills necessary for scholarly activity and life-long learning;
- Exhibit the attitudes and behaviors that are expected of medical professionals;
- Learn and demonstrate collaborative and leadership skills to participate in inter-professional teams; and
- Learn and exhibit written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality patient care.
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE:
- Jeffrey W. Hill, M.D., Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
- Jeffrey D. Harrison, M.D., Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
- Wendy J. Grant, M.D., Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
- Sue Pope, Program Coordinator (Student Affairs)
- Gigi R. Rogers, Program Coordinator (Admissions)
- Janet Sisneros, Staff Assistant
Ms. Gigi Rogers
Program Coordinator (Admissions)
University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
985527 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska 68198-5527
Or you may email Ms. Mary Cavell at the APRDP office.
- CSC Programs at UNMC
Faculty/Administrator Training Program
Health Professions Degree Program
Shanghai Sino-U.S. Health Science Initiative (SSUHSI)
SSUHSI-Doctor of Medicine Program
SSUHSI - Doctor of Medicine Program Application
SSUHSI-Pharmacy Doctorate Program
SSUHSI-Pharmacy Doctorate Program Application
SSUHSI-Physical Therapy Doctorate Program
SSUHSI-Physical Therapy Doctorate Program Application
- Shanghai Sino-U.S. Health Science Initiative (SSUHSI)
Joint MD/PhD Degree-Seeking Program
Joint Research Training Program
Medical & Nursing Clinical Rotations Program
PhD Degree-Seeking Program
Physician Training Program
Postdoctoral Scholar/Visiting Scholar