The BMI Program uses a portfolio approach in their decision to accept applicants.
Applicants must complete the BMI Program prerequisites plus the Graduate Studies Office entire application process, including submitting all required forms. Your application documents will be reviewed by the BMI Committee after all of the documents have been recieved.
BMI Program Prerequisites:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree with undergrad GPA of 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- TOEFL equivalent of 80 (this is required if English is not your primary language)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) required from all applicants - http://www.ets.org/
- Clinical training and experience (medicine, nursing, dentistry, or allied health degree)
- or advanced training in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) (Baccalaureate major, M.S. or Ph.D.) with interest and/or experience in the clinical sciences or health care delivery environment.
Incoming students are expected to have prior coursework or work experience equivalent to at least an undergraduate degree in one or more of the following fields:
- Mathematics (Calculus, Trigonometry, and/or Discrete Math)
- Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Health professions training
Other students will be considered on an individual basis.