BLS Healthcare Provider Course is a nationally recognized program designed by the American Heart Association (AHA) for health care professionals to:
- Recognize different life-threatening emergencies;
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED); and
- Relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
The BLS Healthcare Provider course is intended for certified and non-certified, licensed or nonlicensed healthcare professionals such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, physician’s assistants, residents or fellows, medical or nursing students in training, aides, medical or nursing assistants, police officers, and other allied health personnel.
The material will be covered in small group lectures, demonstrations, evaluation of case-based scenarios, and practice.
- EMS and Trauma Program
- Faculty Development
Online Activities and Enduring Materials
- Outreach Professional Education Services
Regularly Scheduled Series/Grand Rounds
Debbie Von Seggern-Johnson,
EMS and Trauma Coordinator