Healing Touch is now being offered at UNMCs’ Center for Healthy Living!
What Healing Touch Is and Is Not:
Healing Touch is a different, and often complementary, mode of facilitating the healing process, but functions from an energy perspective rather than only a physical one. The Healing Touch Practitioner re-aligns the energy flow, re-activating the mind/body/spirit connection to eliminate blockages to self-healing.
Healing Touch is not:
- a substitute for regular medical checkups from your doctor
- a substitute for medical care from your doctor
- a substitute for diagnosis from you doctor
- the same as massage therapy
The Goal: Is to restore harmony and balance in the energy system to help the person heal him/herself.
Benefits: Healing touch is noninvasive and may facilitate relaxation, reducing stress which may help in reducing pain and other stress-related conditions.
Did You Know?
That in 1995, 41% of the population of the United States used one or more types of complementary therapy.
That there are teams of medical doctors and nurses combining medical skills with hands-on and energy techniques in most major cities in the United States.
That documented studies have shown that with hands-on work:
- Surgical wounds and sutures heal faster
- Burns clear up significantly sooner
- Circulation and breathing improve post surgically
- Premature infants have enhanced growth rate
- Most people feel relaxed; some may feel more energetic after energy work
- Initial session includes a brief health history, a body energy assessment and energy treatment.
- As a recipient you will either lie on a comfortable table or sit upright in a chair fully clothed.
- A recipient may experience body sensations such as temperature change, see colors or shapes, feel deeply relaxed or fall asleep.
- UNMC & The Nebraska Medical Center faculty, employees, family as well as The Nebraska Medical Center Health & Wellness Club members will receive a discounted price of $25 per session. (Please present Health & Wellness Club membership card for verification)
- UNMC & Clarkson Students will receive a discounted price of $10 per session. (Please present Student ID card for verification)
- Gift certificates are available!
Any comments or suggestions regarding this web page can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNMC Blood Drive
- Walking Information
- Cycling Information
- Consent to Participate
- Running Information
Additional hours may be available by emailing:
Mary Megel, PhD, RN, CHTP
- Call The Center for Healthy Living at 402-559-5254
- Designate if you are scheduling an initial or follow-up session
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance