UNMC - Ice Rink
Between 42nd and 40th streets and Dewey and Emile streets.
View a map
Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2012 -
New close date - Sunday March 10, 2013
|Monday||Closed for open skating -Available for private events 10 am - 8 pm|
|Tuesday - Friday||11:00 am - 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Sunday||Noon - 8:00 pm|
Note Holiday Hours:
|Christmas Eve (Monday, Dec 24)||Closed|
|Christmas Day (Tuesday, Dec 25)||Closed|
*New Hours for New Years Eve and Day
11:00am - 8:00pm
|New Years Day (Tuesday, Jan 1)||11:00am - 8:00pm|
(Cash and credit cards only. No checks or debit cards)
|UNMC and Clarkson Students:|
|Admission (with valid campus photo ID *)||Free|
|Daily Skate Rental||$3.00|
|Seasonal Skate Rental||$15.00|
|UNMC, UNMC-P, TNMC & Clarkson College Employees:|
|Daily Admission (includes skate rental)||$5.00|
|Public (Anyone not listed above)|
|Individual fee (with skate rental)||$7.00|
One adult sponsor must accompany every four children under the age of 12.
Children's sizes 8 - 13 (can fit kids as young as two years old - double blades available in smaller sizes) Adult sizes 1 - 14
* NO PHOTO....NO SKATE.... each and everytime....No exceptions
- Lot 14 (surface lot on 40th street between Dewey & Emile streets) located south of the East Utility Plant and northeast of the ice rink.
- Lot 53 (surface lot on 40th street between Dewey & Emile streets) located on the north side of the East Utility Plant.
- Lot 39 (surface lot on 41st street between Emile & Leavenworth streets) located south of the Sorrell Center and the ice rink.
- Lot 15S (surface lot on 40th street between Dewey & Emile streets) located on the north and east sides of the Student Life Center.
Three outdoor rest rooms will be located just north of the skating rink (one lady’s, one men’s and one handicap accessible)
Code of Skater Responsibility:
- All skaters age 12 and under must be supervised at all times by their parent or guardian
- No fast skating
- No pushing or shoving
- No weaving in and out
- No food or drinks on the ice, or on the railings
- Do not sit or climb on the railings
- No street shoes on the ice
- Do not carry a child while skating
- No cameras on the ice surface
- No horseplay
- No foul language
- No inline skating "tricks"
- No refunds
- No “in and outs”
- Skating time may be limited to 1-1.5 hours
- This is a tobacco-free campus
- Please allow staff to assist anyone who is physically-challenged
- Inform the manager on-duty if you need medical assistance
- Any behaviors that endangers or interferes with another patron’s safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden
- No organized sports or sporting equipment
- Skate with the flow of skaters.
- Do not stand in the entrance/exit gates.
- No more than two skaters may join hands
Safety is our Top Priority
- If any skater fails to abide by this code of conduct, they will be asked to leave, with no refund.
- The ice rink area is under audio and video surveillance 24 hours a day.
- Please secure your personal belongs. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Skate at Your Own Risk:
By purchasing an admission ticket and/or entering the ice rink area, you are aware that ice skating involves certain inherent risks which may cause serious injury or death. You freely volunteer to participate, and accept all known and unknown risks while in the ice rink facility. Further, you release the ice rink, its sponsors, its operators and its equipment suppliers against any claims and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense you may incur.
Be aware, skate with care!
Phone number for Ice Rink: 402-559-0697
(Has voice message if closing due to weather conditions:, etc.)
Find us on Facebook
Any comments or suggestions regarding this web page can be emailed to email@example.com
Weight Watchers At Work
UNMC Blood Drive
- Walking Information
- Cycling Information
- Consent to Participate
- Running Information