Paid vacation and professional leave, health insurance and on-call meal allowances are just a few of the benefits residents receive in addition to their yearly salary.
In addition, house officer salaries increase each year.
Specific information about child care services, library, parking, food and other politics is available in the house staff manual. Download the 2016-17 booklet.
House Officer Salaries And Benefits 2016-2017
- Twenty working days paid vacation.
- Professional leave with pay for approved meetings
- Sick leave – six months accrual after two years employment.
- Comprehensive group health coverage.
- Low-rate automatic eligibility disability coverage available.
- Four lab coats provided at university expense at the beginning of residency.
- Laundering of lab coats provided.
- $300/house officer appropriation to department for house officer education.
- Travel money for residents investigating practice locations in Nebraska.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from required training sites more than 25 miles from the Medical Center.
- Preferential eligibility for parking.
- Evening and breakfast meal allowance while on call at the Nebraska Medical Center.
- $6.00 meal card per day provided by the Nebraska Medical Center.
- Liability coverage for moonlighting with advance approval from Program Director and Office of Graduate Medical Education.
House Officer Salaries for 2016-2017
HO I $56,964
HO II $59,073
HO III $61,481
HO IV $63,672
HO V $65,901
HO VI $68,027
HO VII $71,464
HO VIII $75,038