Listed below are the Core Directors and in some cases, additional faculty serve as support in a specific area of expertise.
Year One Director - Richard Macdonald, Ph.D.
Structure & Development of the Human Body - Carol Lommeth, Ph.D.
Cellular Processes - William Chaney, Ph.D.
- Assistant Laboratory Director - Shantaram Joshi, Ph.D.
- Assistant Core Director - Richard MacDonald, Ph.D.
Function of the Human Body - Kurtis Cornish, Ph.D.
- Assistant Core Director - Parmender Mehta, Ph.D.
Neurosciences - Ryan Splittgerber, Ph.D.
Integrated Clinical Experience I & II - Devin Nickol, M.D.
Problem Based Learning Coordinator - Richard MacDonald, Ph.D.
Year Two Director - S. James Booth, Ph.D.
Introduction to Disease Processes - S. James Booth, Ph.D.
- S. James Booth, Ph.D. (microbiology)
- Thomas McDonald, Ph.D. (immunology)
- Geoffrey Talmon, M.D. (pathology)
- Corrine Hanson, PhD. (nutrition)
- Jennifer Fillaus, D.O. (acid-base)
Cardiology/Pulmonary/Endocrinology/Ears, Nose & Throat - Craig Piquette, M.D.
- Craig Piquette, M.D. (pulmonary)
- Samer Sayyed, M.D. (cardiology)
- Amy Neumeister, M.D. and Lynn Mack, M.D.(endocrinology)
- Barbara Heywood, M.D.(ears, nose, & throat)
Neurology/Ophthalmology/Psychiatry - Paul Larsen, M.D.
Hematology / Oncology/ Musculoskeletal / Basic Life Support / Dermatology -
- Hematology/Oncology section, Core Director - Geoffrey Talmon,MD
- Matthew Lunning, MD (Asst.)
- Musculoskeletal/ BLS/ Dermatology section, Core Director - Amy Cannella, MD
Gastroenterology / Genitourinary Systems -
Integrated Clinical Experiences III & IV - Regan Taylor, MD
- General Information
- **New Policies
Absences & Attendance
Assessment of Students
Blood borne exposure
Catastrophic events plan
- Duty Hours
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Leave of Absence
Student Mistreatment Policy
- UNMC Student Handbook
- Board Exams