The Summer Research Program, like the M.D./Ph.D. Scholars Program, is highly competitive, and candidates that are successful in securing a slot in the summer program will have outstanding academic records.
You can apply online to participate in this program. In addition to the application, the student must send the following information to the address below:
- A one- to two-page essay describing their interest in medicine and research. Be sure to indicate your general (or specific) area of research interest in your essay.
- A current transcript (also include a high school transcript if currently a freshman).
- SAT or ACT scores (required for all applicants).
- At least one letter of reference from a faculty member at your current college or university.
The goal would be to place students in the areas that interest them the most.
Students in the program will be required to participate in a Summer Undergraduate Research Poster Session. Students, with the help of their faculty advisor, will develop a poster for the session
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 1.
Additional information may be obtained by calling 402-559-8242 or 877-269-0029. Feel free to e-mail Sonja Cox with any questions. Application materials should be sent to:
University of Nebraska Medical Center
985520 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5520
- Pre-Medical Programs
First and Second Year Curriculum
- Year Three Requirements
Integrated clinical experience core (ICE)
Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Enhanced Medical Education Tracks (EMET)
- Integrated clinical experience core (ICE)
- First and Second Year Curriculum
- Dual Degree
School of Allied Health Professions
- Graduate Medical Education
Continuing Medical Education
- Learning Facilities
New Student Orientation