Mission, Values and Vision
The mission of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry is to improve the health of the citizens of Nebraska, the region, and beyond through premier educational programs, innovative research, the highest quality patient care, and outreach to underserved populations.
The College of Dentistry will:
- Deliver state-of-the-art dental care.
- Be a premier institution in the United States for educating dental professionals for practice and community leadership.
- Become nationally known for excellence in basic, clinical and translational research in biomaterials, bioregulation and cellular signaling in cancer.
- Provide outstanding didactic and clinical education culminating in patient-centered, evidence-based comprehensive care.
- Advance our commitment to community health and service to underserved populations.
- Embrace the richness of diversity to build unity.
- Create economic growth in Nebraska.
The College of Dentistry adheres to values that will:
- Emphasize quality and have high expectations for performance.
- Strive for excellence in an ethical manner.
- Foster a humanistic environment for learning and communication.
- Respect individuals for their cultures, contributions and points of view.
- Support the mission and vision of UNMC in the best interest of our customers.
- Promote individual accountability for organizational success.
Goals and Objectives
Detailed goals and objectives are available in the UNMC College of Dentistry Strategic Plan 2014-15 document.