J. Bruce Bavitz, D.M.D.
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th and Holdrege
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1314
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- Bucknell University Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
- D.M.D. University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- General Practice Residency The Graduate Hospital Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Allegheny General Hospital Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Director/Initiator Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery Internship
- Director Senior Selective Hospital Dentistry
- Director OS 625
- Director DENT 640
- Director/Initiator DENT 661
- Co-Director Dentofacial Deformity Clinic
- Lecturer Orthognathic Surgery Seminar (Grad Ortho Students)
- Lecturer ARD 593
- Lecturer DID 842
- Lecturer DENT 855
- Coordinator Elective Dentistry Rotation
- Attending Dental Implant Screening Clinic
- Lecturer BIOS 150 Introduction to Dentistry (UNL)
- Distraction osteogenesis and bone regeneration
- Bavitz, J.B. Autotransplantation of teeth: a procedure that gets no respect. Oral Surg, Oral Med, Oral Pathol 110(4):441, 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. Implant placement by the general dentist. Quality Resource Guide Met Life Dental, July 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. High fidelity human simulators: we can do better at minimizing adverse anesthesia outcomes. "My View," ADA News, February 1, 2010.
- Bavitz, J.B. Dental management of patients with hypertension. In Dental Clinics of North America 50:547-62, 2006.
- Henriksen, B., Bavitz, B., Harn, S. Evaluation of bone thickness in the anterior hard palate relative to midsagittal orthodontic implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 18(4) 578-581, 2003.
- College of Dentistry Continuing Education presenter
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Surgical Specialties