David A. Covey, D.D.S., M.S.
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th and Holdrege
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1284
Fax: (402) 472-5290
- B.S., University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming, 1975
- D.D.S., University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1979
- M.S., University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, Operative Dentistry, 1987
- M.S., Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, Biological Materials, 1997
- Director ARD 529 Dental Anatomy
- Instructor ARD 532 Operative Dentistry
- Instructor ARD 618 Clinical Operative Clinic
- Instructor ARD 695/696 Clinical Operative Clinic
- Dental Restorative Materials Testing
- Surface Characteristics of Dental Materials
- Digital Image Processing
- 3-D Modeling of Dental Structures
- Covey, D.A., Barnes, C.M., Watanabe, H., Johnson, W.W. Effects of a paste-free prophylaxis polishing cup and various prophylaxis polishing paste on enamel and restorative materials. General Dentistry, 2011.
- Barnes, C.M., Covey, D.A., Shi, X., Yankell, S. Laboratory evaluation of a bi-level, extremely tapered bristled toothbrush and a conventional uniform bristled toothbrush. Am J Dent. 2284-88, 2009.
- Watanabe, H. and Covey, D. Esthetic restorative material shade changes due to photo-polymerization. Gen Dent. May, 56(3):260-6, 2008.
- Academy of Operative Dentistry
- International Association for Dental Research
- Academy of Dental Materials
- Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience.
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Surgical Specialties