Larry D. Crouch, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor
Department of Oral Biology
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th and Holdrege
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-4685
Fax: (402) 472-2551
- B.S. in Ed. (Biology), University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- M.S. (Medical Sciences), University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Ph.D. (Physiology), Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Postdoc (Pathology/Experimental Toxicology), Parke-Davis/Werner-Lambert, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Postdoc (Immunopathology), University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Course Instructor, Special Topics in Oral Biology (OB 317)
- Course Instructor, A Review of Biomedical/Dental Sciences (OB 471)
- Course Instructor, Human Physiology (OB 518)
- Course Director, Biochemistry (OB 545)
- Course Instructor, Review of Biomedical Sciences (OB 571)
- Course Instructor, Medical Emergencies (OS 626)
- Course Instructor, Senior Research (DENT 699)
- Course Director, Advanced Oral Biology (OBIO 855)
- Course Director, Oral Biology Seminar (OBIO 970)
- Neuroendocrine modulation of inflammatory processes
- Stress-induced immunosuppression
- Molecular regulation of estrogen deficient (post-menopausal) bone loss
- UNMC Education Technology Small Grant, "Development of a human physiology review and interactive tutorial." $5,480, Principal Investigator. June 1, 2000 to May 31, 2001.
- American Association of Orthodontists Foundation, "The In Vivo and In Vitro Effects of Known Mechanical Systems on Tooth Movement and Periodontal Ligament Cell Biology." $16,276. Principle Investigator: Laura R. Iwasaki; Co-Investigator: Larry Crouch, July 1, 2000 to June 30, 2001.
- Al-Salleeh, F., Beatty, M.W., Reinhardt, R.A., Petro, T.M., and Crouch, L. Human osteogenic protein-1 induces osteogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells harvested from mice. Arch Oral Biol. 53:928-936, 2008.
- Gibson, C.S., Crouch, L.D., Marx, D., Pandey, J.P., Nickel, J.C. and Iwasaki, L.R. Speed of human tooth movement is related to stress and IL-1 gene polymorphisms. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 130(6):698.e1-9, Dec 2006.
- Iwasaki, L.R., Crouch, L.D., Tutor, A., Gibson, S., Hukmani, N., Marx, D.B., and Nickel, J.C. Tooth movement and cytokines in gingival crevicular fluid and whole blood in growing and adult subjects. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 128(4):483-91, Oct 2005.
- Jordan, J.A., Guo, R.F., Yun, E.C., Sarma, V., Warner, R.L., Crouch, L.D., Senaldi, G., Ulich, T.R., and Ward, P.A. Role of IL-18 in acute lung inflammation. J Immunol (12):7060-8, 2001.
- Rivera-Chavez, F.A., Toledo-Pereyra, L.H., Dean, R.E., Crouch, L. and Ward, P.A. Exogenous and endogenous nitric oxide but not iNOS inhibition improves function and survival of ischemically injured livers. J Invest Surg 14(5):267-73, 2001.
- Bless, N., Huber-Lang, M., Guo, R.F., Warner, R.L., Schmal, H., Czermak, B.J., Shanley, T.P., Crouch, L.D., Lentsch, A.B., Sarma, V., Mulligan, M.S., Friedl, H.P., and Ward, P. A. Role of CC chemokines (Macrophage inflammatory protein-1, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, RANTES) in acute lung injury in rats. J Immunol 164(5):2650-2659, March 2000.
- Mulligan, M.S., Warner, R.L., Rittershaus, C.W., Thomas, L.J., Ryan, U.S., Foreman, K.E., Crouch, L.D., Till, G.O., Ward, P.A.. Endothelial targeting and enhanced antiinflammatory effects of complement inhibitors possessing sialyl Lewisx moieties. J Immunol 162(8):4952-9, 1999.
- Gipson, T.S., Bless, N.M., Shanley, T.P., Crouch, L.D., Bleavins, M.R., Younkin, E.M., Sarma, V., Gibbs, D.F., Tefera, W., McConnell, P.C., Mueller, W.T., Johnson, K.J., Ward, P.A. Regulatory effects of endogenous protease inhibitors in acute lung inflammatory injury. J Immunol 162(6):3653-62, 1999.
- Lentsch, A.B., Crouch, L.D., Jordan, J.A., Czermak, B.J., Yun, E.C., Guo, R., Sarma, V., Diehl, K.M., Ward, P.A. Regulatory effects of interleukin-11 during acute lung inflammatory injury. J Leukoc Biol 66(1):151-, 1999.
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
- Department of Surgical Specialties