Friday, October 26, 2012
Location: College of Dentistry
Speaker: Dr. John P. Gobettii, DDS, MS
Credits: 3CE hrs.
$120 Dentists & $60 Auxiliary
DENT120017 - Dentists
DENT120018 - Auxiliary
Dr. John P. Gobetti, DDS, MS, is a former director and professor of undergraduate Oral Medicine / Oral diagnosis at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. Retiring in 2007, he is an active professor emeritus. Dr. Gobetti obtained his D.D.S. degree and his M.S. degree in Oral Diagnosis and Radiology from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. He is board certified in oral medicine since and a Fellow of The International College of Dentists.
An introduction to cardiovascular disease will include the prevalence, etiology, and pathophysiology of the disease. Signs and symptoms and medical drug therapies will then be covered. Discussions on managing the cardiovascular disease patient will include the significance to the therapy of blood pressure readings, office preparation, dental therapy, and commonly prescribed dental drugs. Case examples of cardiovascular disease and dental therapy will be used extensively.
At the completion of this course, each participant will:
- The participant will know the definition, etiology, and pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease: high blood pressure, angina pectoris, etc.
- The participant will know the signs, symptoms, and significance of cardiovascular disease: blood pressure readings, medical tests used to evaluated the diseases, etc.
- The participant will know the medical drug groups used to treat cardiovascular disease and their dental ramifications.
- The participant will be better able to safely manage and treat cardiovascular disease patients in the dental office.
Method of teaching: Lecture/discussion
Continuing Education Courses
- Online Registration
Golf and Learn
- Medical Emergency Management in a Dental Office
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Dentistry
- Virtual Treatment Planning for Dental Implants
- Patient Expectations, Digital Dentistry & Contemporary Implants
2013 Weeth Lecture
Endo/Path/Pros Restorations/Perio Inflammation @ SAC Museum
What's New 2013
- Soft Tissue Diode Laser
Coronal Polishing 2013
- College of Dentistry Alumni
Nebraska Practice Opportunities