UNMC College of Dentistry Dental Services
Great smiles begin with the dental services in the College of Dentistry. Quality care is provided to patients of all ages in our clinical programs located in Lincoln, Omaha, and Gering.
Patient services are available at three levels:
1. student dentists
2. postgraduate dental resident (dentists in advanced educational programs)
3. and faculty in the University Dental Associates (UDA).
1. Dental & dental hygiene students provide care in faculty-supervised student clinics for adults and children. Fees are lower than in a private dental office, however appointments are usually longer. Appointments are scheduled for one to four hours, and are shorter for pediatric patients.
Appointments for adults (including emergency care for established patients of record) may be scheduled by calling (402) 472-1301.
Appointments for children (including emergency care for established patients of record) may be scheduled by calling (402) 472-1305.
2. Postgraduate residents are dentists receiving additional advanced training. Your care may be provided by a resident in a specialty program if your needs require that level of expertise.
Appointments, including an appointment for orthodontic screening, can be made by calling (402) 472-1330.
3. University Dental Associates (UDA) includes general practitioners and dental specialists who are on the college’s faculty. UDA fees are similar to private practice in the area.
Appointments with University Dental Associates can be made by calling (402) 472-8900.
4. After hours emergency care for established patients of the College’s Lincoln Clinics is provided by an on-call resident. For emergency care after regularly schedule clinic hours, patients of the College can call 402-472-1301 and follow the prompts to the University operator or contact the University operator at 402-472-7211.
The Tobacco Cessation Clinic at the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry in Lincoln provides individual counseling and personal follow-up for those who wish to stop smoking or stop other tobacco use.
Pediatric and Adult Dentistry Clinics are also located in Omaha. Care is provided by postgraduate residents and faculty (University Dental Associates). The Pediatric Dentistry program is located at the Children’s Hospital and Medical Center Specialty Pediatric Center (84th and West Dodge Road) and the Adult Dentistry program is located at the Durham Outpatient Center (on the UNMC Campus in Mid-Town, west of 42nd on Emile).
Appointments for Pediatric Dentistry can be made by calling (402) 559-6100, and for Adult Dentistry appointments by calling (402) 559-6000.
The College of Dentistry West Division Dental Hygiene Program is an extension of the college’s Lincoln program. It is located within the dental clinic at the Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska (3350 10th Street, Gering, NE).
Appointments for the Gering clinic may be made by calling (308) 633-3330.
You will be asked to pay for your treatment at the start of each appointment. Payment is by check, cash, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, N-Card, and Care Credit. If you have dental insurance, we will file insurance claim forms for you after you have paid. You will then be reimbursed directly by your insurance carrier for covered procedures.
Fees for care provided by undergraduate students are usually less than those in private practice. Fees for care provided by graduate students are generally higher than those for care provided by undergraduate students, but still lower than fees for comparable services in private practice.
More contact information for the College of Dentistry.