Kim K. McFarland, D.D.S., M.H.S.A.
Title: Associate Professor
Department of Oral Biology
UNMC College of Dentistry
40th and Holdrege
Lincoln, NE 68583-0740
Telephone: (402) 472-1399
Fax: (402) 472-2551
- B.A., Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- D.D.S., Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- M.H.S.A., St. Francis University, Joliet, IL
- Course Director, Dental Public Health (OB 612)
- Co-course Director, Professional Ethics (OB 623)
- Patient Management & Professionalism
- Student Scientific program
- Access to Care
- Health Services
- Chandak, A., McFarland, K., Nayar, P., et al. Access to Oral Health Care in Nebraska. UNMC Center for Public Health Policy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, April 2013.
- McFarland, K., Reinhardt, J. Yaseen, M. Rural dentists: does growing up in a small community matter? Journal of the American Dental Association 2012 Sep;143(9):1013-9.
- McFarland, K.K. and Fung, E.Y.K. Role of dental hygienists in managing chemical-dependent patients. Dimensions of Dental Hygiene 9(4):76-81, 2011.
- McFarland, K.K. and Fung, E.Y.K. The complexity of addiction. Dimensions of Dental Hygiene 9(4):76-81, 2011.
- McFarland, K.K. and Fung, E.Y.K. Enalapril-induced angioedema: A dental concern. General Dentistry 59(2):148-150, 2011.
- McFarland, K., Reinhardt, J., and Yaseen, M. Rural dentists of the future: Dental school enrollment strategies. J Dent Educ 74: 830-835, 2010.
- Salama, F., Kebriaei, A., McFarland, K., and Durham, T. Prenatal counseling for pregnant women: A survey of general dentists. J Clin Pediatr Dent 34(4):291-296, 2010.
- McFarland, K. Nayar, P., Lange, B., and Ojha, D. Preceptor Experiences of a Dental Pre-doctoral Rural Service Learning Program. National Oral Health Conference, Huntsville, AL, April 2013.
- McFarland, K. and Yaseen, M. Use of Technology by Rural and Urban Dentists: A Nebraska Perspective. National Oral Health Conference, Milwaukee, WI, May 2012.
- Salama, F., McFarland, K., Kebriaei, A., and Durham, T. Prenatal counseling for pregnant women: A survey of Nebraska general dentists. AADR, Washington, D.C., February 2010.
- McFarland, K. and Brown, D. Student managed dental clinics for the under served: Nebraska findings. National Oral Health Conference, St. Louis, MO, March 2010.
- $2.3 million: Service Learning and Interprofessional Education Dental Project, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), 2010 - 2015.
- $1.2 million: Tele-Dentistry and Rural Health for Pediatric Dental Residency Program, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), 2010 - 2015.
- $100,000: Learn and Serve Tele-Dentistry, Department of Agriculture Rural Utilities Admin (RUS), 2011 - 2014.
- Oral Health Screenings, School Nurses of Nebraska Association
- UNL Women in Science Conference: Interactive Dental Workshop, UNL
- School-based dental sealant programs
- American Association for Dental Research (AADR)
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry (AAPHD)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- American Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Department of Adult Restorative Dentistry
Department of Dental Hygiene
- Department of Growth & Development
- Department of Oral Biology
Department of Surgical Specialties