Patients at the College of Dentistry have rights to:
- Considerate, respectful and confidential care.
- Current and complete information about their oral conditions.
- An explanation of recommended care and alternate care and the advantages, disadvantages, costs and time involved for each.
- Informed consent to treatment and the option to refuse treatment with an explanation of risks of no treatment.
- Availability of emergency, incremental and total care.
- Timely, ongoing care until agreed treatment is completed.
- Care that meets the standard of care for the dental profession including currently accepted infection control measures.
- Access to a patient advocate to discuss or mediate concerns related to care.