- PGY I: $ 52,898.00
- PGY II: $ 54,856.00
- PGY III: $ 57,092.00
*residents are paid monthly
Vacation and Leave Time
- Twenty working days of vacation per academic year.
- 1 week of paid professional leave for approved meetings
- Sick Leave: 12 days in your first and second year and 120 days after 24 months of employment as a resident
- Maternity & paternity leave for birth/adoption of child
- Comprehensive group health, dental, optical, and life insurance options
- Malpractice insurance is provided
Additional Residency Education Information
- Participation in annual ABEM In-Service Exam each February
- Orientation month in July for new house officers. This includes 6-8 clinical shifts, 15-25 lecture hours each week, BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS, and a 16 hour ultrasound course with live model practice.
- Required scholarly activity presented at the end of the 3rd year.
- Electives during your 2nd & 3rd years of residency. UNMC will pay your salary & your liability coverage will follow you. International rotations available with approval.
- Rural Rotations with housing and meals provided, as well as teleconferencing to weekly EM didactics
- Mileage reimbursement for all required rotations greater than 25 miles away from primary training site
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, & ATLS certification paid for by the Emergency Dept.
- $500.00 Educational fund per year.
- The hospital pays for your DEA (620.00 value)
- Four lab coats provided by UNMC, however, two may be replaced with personal sets of scrubs. Free laundering and mending also offered for care of lab coats and personal scrubs.
- Scrubs are provided or you may wear your own personal scrubs. CME money may be used to buy personal scrubs.
- Reserved parking lot parking to residents ($30.00 per month)
- Lunch card program, call money program
- On-Site child care facility
- 2 On-Site Gym locations
- Employee Assistance Program to House officers and immediate family.
- Resident Life
- Class of 2016
- Class of 2015
- Class of 2014
Benefits of UNMC