- On July 1, 2013, Amy Cutright, MD joined The Department of Emergency Medicine as a new member of our faculty. Dr. Cutright will take over the responsibilities of the Student Clerkship.
- LuAnn Miller joined The Department of Emergency Medicine on June 17, 2013 . LuAnn joins us from Alegent Health Care, and will be the administrative associate for Drs. Muelleman, Walker, Zeger, Cooper and Kirschner.
- Welcome Class of 2013
Bronson Boosalis, MD from University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Sean Brozek, MD from University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Dorothy Habrat, DO from Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
John Hanson, MD from Indiana State School of Medicine
Jonathan Howe, DO from Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Adam Krause, MD from University of Minnesota Medical School
Scott Madden, MD from University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Jordan Warchol, MD from University of Nebraska College of Medicine
- Congratulations to Margie Galkowski on being awarded the Chancellor's Silver U. This award is given monthly to employees whose overall performance is above and beyond the scope of their position.
- Congratulations to Dr. Claudia Barthold on her new position as Residency Director and to Dr. Chad Branecki for his advancement to Associate Residency Director.
- Dr. Wesley Zeger became the Clinical Director for Emergency Services effective July 1, 2013.
- Congratulations to the following 2013 Emergency Medicine Award Winners:
2013 Golden Apple Recipient- Chad Branecki, MD
2013 Emergency Medicine Faculty Teaching Award- Jeffrey Cooper, MD
2013 T. Paul Tran Best Research Award-Robert Huang, MD
2013 Emergency Medicine Resident Selected Nurse of the Year Award- Donna Hoover, RN
2013 Tech of the Year- Shayla Wells
2013 Pharmacist of the Year- Aric Anderson
- This year at the 2013 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting in Atlanta, first year resident, Dr. Peter Anaradian, presented a Clinical Pathologic Conference (CPC) on a unique ED presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma, while Dr. Aaron Barksdale was charged with deciphering a tough case highly suspicious for Paget-Schroetter disease. 2nd year resident, Dr. Nick Daniel, made his presence felt in the clinical photo submission contest, with a classic presentation of flexor tenosynovitis. We were also fortunate to have medical student, Andrew Keralis represent UNMC with his phenomenal abstract presentation, ”Risk Stratification of Acute Chest Pain in an Emergency Setting: ST Segment Change on aVL Lead as a Predictor of Future MI”. Andrew has worked closely the last year with his mentor Dr. Chad Branecki.
Andrew Keralis and Dr. Chad Branecki at SAEM.