An active clinician, Dr. Heywood's practice includes all phases of ear, nose and throat medicine. Her particular interest is in voice and allergy.
- Residency Program Director
- Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Diplomat - American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellow - American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Masters Degree in Academic Medicine
- Founding member, Midlands Medical Center, Papillion
- Board Certified
- Chief of ENT Allergy clinic
A 1973 graduate of the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), Dr. Barbara Heywood also took her residency at UNMC, and was board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and AAOA.
In addition to having served on the faculty of the VA Hospital in Omaha, Dr. Heywood maintained a private practice for many years in the Omaha area with her husband, Dr. Tom Heywood.
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- UNMC Physician Otololaryngology Website
General ear, nose and throat medicine