Dr. Lydiatt specializes in head and neck cancer cases.
- Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Otolaryngology
- Director of Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- Diplomat - American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Faculty - Veterans Administration Hospital, Omaha
- Board Certified
William M. Lydiatt, M.D. received his training in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha. He then completed a 2 1/2 year fellowship in head and neck oncologic surgery, sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Currently a Professor at UNMC, Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Omaha Veterans Medical Center, Dr. Lydiatt’s practice is primarily limited to diagnosis and treatment of pre-malignant and malignant lesions of the head and neck.
His primary research interest is an investigation into methods of the prevention and treatment of depression in Head & Neck cancer. He also has an interest in thyroid cancer and its causes as well as molecular abnormalities in pre-malignant lesions and the study of field cancerization. He works closely with colleagues in the Nebraska Dental School in oral biology and oral pathology and with molecular biologists in the Department of Anatomy.
He is also actively involved in clinical trials with various experimental therapies for advanced cancers of the head and neck, salivary gland and thyroid.
In addition, Dr. Lydiatt has authored and co-authored more than 30 book chapters and original manuscripts.
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- UNMC Physician Otololaryngology Website
Director, Head & Neck Surgical Oncology Section
Methodist Office: 402-354-5890
Head and neck surgery
Head and neck cancer