Dr. Smith specializes in head and neck cancer cases.
- Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Omaha
- Faculty - Veterans Administration Hospital, Omaha
- Board Certified
Dr. Russell Smith joined the Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery faculty in August 2007. Dr. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in 1991 from the University of Missouri-Columbia and his doctorate in medicine in 1995. After completing his internship in General Surgery at the University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics, Dr. Smith completed a four year residency program in Otolaryngology. He was a fellow at the University of Iowa Hospitals and clinics before beginning his career there in 2001.
Dr. Smith’s interests are in Head and Neck Cancer with special interests in thyroid cancer and skullbase neoplasms.
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- Veterans Administration
Methodist Office: 402-354-5890
Head and neck surgery
Head and neck cancer