The voice clinic is at UNMC on Wednesday afternoons in the Ear, Nose, and Throat clinic.
Full evaluations of the larynx with video stroboscopy and by speech therapists are available.
Swallowing evaluations are recorded on video during an X-ray study and are reviewed by the physicians and speech pathologist.
Swallowing studies and sensitivity testing are also available.
Some problems treated are
- Chronic hoarseness
- Voice abuse and nodule
- Reflux laryngitis
- Paradoxical vocal cord motion
Marsha Sullivan, CCC-SLP
A member of the Head and Neck Oncology Team since 1993, Ms. Sullivan holds a Master's degree in Speech Pathology. Her work at UNMC is with head and neck cancer patients and others with assorted voice disorders.
Ms. Sullivan is an active researcher, primarily studying communication ability and maximization of that ability in persons with oral cancer.
A graduate of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Ms. Sullivan:
- Clinical Director of Speech Pathology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute
- Contributes to the Speech-Language Pathology Department at
Munroe-Meyer Rehabilitation Institute
- Teaches in both the Department of Pediatrics and the Department Otolaryngology, Division of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Barkley Memorial Center
- Audiology Services
- Ear, Nose, Throat Clinic
- Head and Neck Clinic
Oral Facial Prosthetics/Dental Oncology Clinic
Make an Appointment
- Parking, Travel and Lodging
- Post-Op Instructions
- Provider Directory