Ph.D. in Cancer Research
The CRGP is an individualized program that considers each applicant’s educational background, career goals and interests in the admissions process. Students interested in applying for the fall semester are encouraged to apply in January or February of that year. Students typically begin in the Summer of Fall semester. Spring admission is also possible.
CRGP Admissions requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or a related science field.
- Transcripts documenting undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) performance. Course work in organic and inorganic chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics through calculus or statistics. Biochemistry is also recommended. Students can make up some deficiencies once admitted as a CRGP student.
- Results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including verbal, quantitative and analytical scores. The Advanced Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry examination is recommended.
- Three letters of recommendation from scientists or other individuals who can assess your talents and training.
- A statement of personal goals and career objectives.
Postdoctoral program requirements
- A Ph.D. degree in a chemical or biological field, an M.D. or a D.V.M. degree with research experience.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation.
CRGP Coordinator Eppley Cancer Institute University of Nebraska Medical Center
986805 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska 68198-6805