Student Health Fund B Routine Covered Services
Office visits (for students paying Fund B) in the Student Health Clinic include:
- Treatment of trauma and disease
- In-clinic lab tests: glucose, hemocult, hemoglobin, KOH/wet prep, monospot, urine pregnancy test, rapid strep test, urinalysis with or without micro
- In-clinic testing/treatment: ear irrigation, EKG, complete inhalation treatment, oximetry, peak flow, noninvasive wart destruction, noninvasive skin tag removal, spirometry, tympanogram
- Annual physicals to include chlamydia (87491), gonorrhea (87591), cytopathology (88142).
- Contraceptive counseling, health education (all forms of contraception excluded)
- Comprehensive confidential counseling services (academic, career, interpersonal, couples, and psychological) are provided free of charge in the Counseling and Student Development Center (Bennett Hall 6001, phone: 559-7276). With a required referral from Dr. Carver in the Counseling Center, students may see a designated consulting psychiatrist in the UNMC Department of Psychiatry for up to 8 visits per year with a $20 copay per visit.
- Eye exam annually with referral from Student Health (corrective lenses and associated fitting fees excluded)
- Physical therapy/pain management (consult and 2 visit per injury with referral)
- Sick or Injured?
Student Health Office
Clinic Location & Hours
- How to Schedule Appointments
- Fund B Information
- Required Immunizations
Blood & Body Fluid Exposure
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Blue/Major Medical