|UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA MEDICAL CENTER
|Student Immunizations||Originating Date: April 9, 2012|
|Responsible Reviewing Agency:
Director Student Health Reviews
Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs Approves
Students and others participating in educational programs at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (programs lasting more than 7 calendar days) must submit a completed UNMC Required Immunization form* to UNMC Student Health to document required vaccinations and/or immunity**. Students may not register for courses until they have met the immunization requirements***. Students are responsible for late registration fees encountered due to late submission of immunization documentation.
Individuals covered by this requirement include those in any of the following categories:
- Enrolled in coursework for credit or for audit on any UNMC Campus or Division
- Enrolled in courses offered either on campus or via distance technology
- Enrolled in degree or non-degree seeking programs.
- Employees enrolled in UNMC coursework.
- Visiting students enrolled in coursework and intercampus registrations from another university, including other University of Nebraska or state college campuses.
- Individuals participating in educational programs such as (but not limited to) Summer Undergraduate Research Programs, Summer Medical and Dental Education Program, Asia Pacific Rim Students (Summer PhD Program, Medical Exchange Program, UNMCCSCProgram, those doing research in faculty labs, etc.), and Health Sciences High School.
Exceptions to immunization requirements
- International students not physically located in the United States need not submit verification of immunization
- The Director of Student Health may waive the requirements in cases medical contraindication.
*** Students accepted less than 6 weeks before the start of an academic term are not exempt from this policy. However, the registration hold will be released after receipt of documentation of the second Hepatitis B vaccination provided the individual will not register for a clinical course.
- College Student Services staff and Program Directors are responsible for sending all accepted students immunization information within 7 days of student accepting admission to the program.
- Students are responsible for returning required information to Student Health as soon as possible but no later than 1 month prior to registration. Forms received after this deadline may not be processed in time to allow registration without a late registration fee.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted. The student is responsible for entering demographic data and dates for vaccinations and/or titers. Incomplete forms will be returned for completion.
Location & Hours
- Required Immunizations
- Procedures & Guidelines
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Macori Insurance/ Major Medical