Rederivation of Cryopreserved Mouse Line
The Core will accept cryopreserved embryos from investigators for deriving a line of mice. The investigator is responsible for getting the following information regarding the cryopreserved embryos prior to scheduling the procedure.
- Documentation that the embryos are pathogen free.
- Number of embryos in container/s.
- Developmental stage of embryo (8 cell is preferred) but others can be acceptable.
- Freezing media in which embryos are stored.
- Thawing protocol.
- The Core will provide and set up SPF pseudopregnant females for embryo transfer.
- Thaw and wash embryos.
- Perform embryo transfer. Depending on the number of cryopreserved embryos available, the Core will use SPF wild type embryos to increase the number of embryos transferred into each female. If WT embryos are used, the Core will perform tail clips at 7 days of age and deliver to the investigator for genotyping. Mouse pups will be transferred by 21 days of age.
Centers & Core Facilities
Center for Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- DNA Sequencing
- Electron Microscopy
Experimental Irradiation Facility
Mouse Genome Engineering Core
- Starting a Project
- Center for Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
Advanced Anatomy Laboratory
- Research Labs