- Director, Graduate Neurobiology course, 1992 - present
Teaching: Keywords Gross anatomy, neuroendocrinology, Neuroanatomy, neurochemistry, neuroimmunology, behavioral endocrinology, psychopharmacology, neuropharmacology, endocrinology, neuroimmunology, histology, electron microscopy, statistics.
Research: Interests Aging processes in the brain; free radical and degeneration of the CNS; regeneration of the central nervous system; imaging of the nervous system; neuropharmacology; neural control of memory and learning; neuroendocrinology of puberty and ovulation; sexual behavior of female vertebrates; sexual differentiation; neural control of sexual behavior and ovulation; neurophysiology of reproductive mechanisms; breast cancer, molecular biology.
- Harman D, Rodriguez-Sierra JF. Alzheimer's disease: role of aging in pathogenesis. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, San Diego, 2001.
- Norton NS, Farnham SB, Haghighi SS, Rodriguez-Sierra JF, Dean J, Ebadi, M. The expression of metallothionein I in rats with spinal cord compression injury. Presented at Experimental Biology 2000, San Diego, CA, 2000.
- Ebadi M, Hiramatsu M, Kumari MV, Rojas P, Rodriguez-Sierra JF, Heidrick M, Iqbal A., Muralikrishan D, Krees D. Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10) and metallothionein isoforms protect dopaminergic cell lines from apoptosis induced by MPP+ and other inhibitors of mitochondrial complex I. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, New Orleans, 2000.
- Ebadi M, Rodriguez-Sierra JF, Folks DG, Hiramatsu M. Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q) minimizes MTPP-induced complex! Inhibition. Generation of reactive oxygen species and oxidative stress causing Parkisonism. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Miami Beach, FL, 1999.
- Teruyama R, Rodriguez-Sierra JF, Beck MM. Connectivity between the caudal septal area containing cGn-RH -1 neurons and other brain areas in male Japanese quail: Neural tracing study using a fluorescent dye, DiI. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, CA, 1998