Health Care Reform
What it means to you and your career
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, October 6, 2012
Michael F. Sorrell Center for Health Science Education
UNMC campus, 42nd and Emile Streets, Omaha, NE
Save the date and register now.
Registration is $5, includes lunch and seating is limited.
This in-depth conference will focus on how health care reform will affect aspiring health care professionals, attorneys and business leaders. An employment panel will provide tips on job opportunities that will increase with the passage of health care reform. Experts will explain different viewpoints on the health care reform law, and breakout sessions will provide for opportunity for in-depth discussion on various aspects of health care reform.
Support for this program provided by the UNMC Chancellor's Office; the College of Law at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; and the College of Law and the College of Medicine at Creighton University.
Healthcare Reform Chat
May 28, 2010
View questions and answers during our first live chat, held Friday, May 28, 2010.
May 27, 2010
View a video of the forum.
View Dr. Tape's power point presentation.
Q&A coming soon.
Healthcare Reform Conference
August 19, 2009
Introduction - Harold M. Maurer, M.D., UNMC Chancellor View video
Panel I: Why Reform and What’s in the Current Proposals? View video
- Universal Coverage/Public Plan [View presentation]
- Dr. Keith Mueller, Interim Dean, UNMC College of Public Health, & Director, Nebraska Center for Rural Health Research
- Payments & Costs [View presentation]
- William S. Dinsmoor, Chief Financial Officer, The Nebraska Medical Center
Panel II: How will Reform Affect You? View video
- Small Business
- Jim Partington, Executive Director, Nebraska Restaurant Association
- Large Business
- Robert E. Synowicki, Jr., Executive Vice President, Werner Enterprises
- Clement Cypra, Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America
- State Government
- Dave Pankonin, State Senator, Vice Chair, Health & Human Services Committee
- Pat Bourne, Vice President-Commercial Sales, Public Affairs & Account Services Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Dr. Tom Tape, Professor of Internal Medicine, UNMC
What’s Ahead (hosted by UNMC Delegates) View video
- Joe Britton, Health Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Ben Nelson
August 7, 2009
View video of August 7th Employee Forum.