Official transcripts or mark sheets of college level work not in English or in the standard U.S. grading scale must be sent to a credential evaluation service for translation. The transcript evalaution must be a course-by-course evaluation that identifies and describes each diploma or certificate which periods of education and equivalency of each document.
Preferred evaluation servicers:
- AACRAO International Educational Services
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- World Education Services (WES)
English Language Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
Applicants from foreign countries where English is not the primary language must present official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Waivers of this requirement can be granted to international applicants that have been studying at a U.S. university inside the U.S. for at least one academic year, or attendance at a university in a country where the only official language is English, such as U.K., Australia or Canada (excluding Quebec). Evaluation for a waiver of the English language proficiency exam is not determined by the prevalence of spoken English in a country or the language of instruction at a university.
- For TOEFL, a score of at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, or 80 on the internet-based TOEFL is required.
- For IELTS, the band score minimum is 6.5 to 7.0.
- Official score reports from the Educational Testing Service are required. Photocopies will not be accepted. Under no circumstances will we accept TOEFL or IELTS scores that are more than two years old. The ETS Institution Code for the UNMC Graduate College is 6896.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
GRE scores may be required for admission to certain graduate degree programs. Arrangements to take the Graduate Record Examination may be made through the Educational Testing Service, CN6000, Princeton, New Jersey, 08541-6000. Photocopies will not be accepted. Under no circumstances will we accept GRE scores that are more than five years old. The ETS Institution code for UNMC Graduate Studies is 6896 (Educational Testing Service website).
Financial Support Documentation
Financial support documentation should be uploaded during the completion of an application in the supporting information section of the application.
*If you do not have financial support documentation at the time of application, documentation will be required upon notification of admisstion to the Graduate College.