Current Students

Please use the navigation links on the left hand side for important information concerning current students.

Background Check Policy

All UNMC students are expected to comply with the background check policy as outlined. The current background check vendor, OneSource, requires a fee payable online through their system with a credit card.

Tuition Refund Policy

Students who withdraw may receive a refund of a portion of their tuition for the term in which they are registered. (See the UNMC Student Handbook.)

Application for the Diploma

Each student who expects to receive a diploma must file an application for the diploma in the Office of Academic Records and pay a non-transferrable, non-refundable graduation fee. Announcements concerning deadlines for applications are posted throughout the campus and published in the internal communications of the Medical Center and on the UNMC student website.

Commencement Exercises

Commencement attendance is required, unless explicitly excused by the Dean for Graduate Studies, for those completing degree requirements when a formal commencement is offered — usually in May and December. Those graduating in August have the privilege of participating in the next formal commencement.

Interstate Reciprocity Agreement for Graduate Education

Under an agreement between the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska and the Board of Curators of the University of Missouri, graduate students meeting the regular in-state requirements of the University of Missouri shall be regarded as in-state students at the University of Nebraska with respect to admission requirements, tuition and fees, scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships and other benefits normally available to Nebraska residents. Residency needs to be verified through the University of Missouri with a letter being sent to Academic Records.

Services for Veterans

All men and women planning to attend UNMC under Chapters 31, 34, and 35, and 1606, the educational assistance and vocational rehabilitation laws administered by the Veterans Administration, should inquire at the Office of Financial Aid before they register to make sure all necessary steps have been taken.