All applicants must meet the admission requirements outlined in the UNMC Graduate Studies Bulletin and the proposed description below. Students chosen for the program will be recommended by the Health Informatics faculty to the Chair of the Medical Sciences Interdisciplinary Program Graduate Committee who, upon approval, will forward it to the Dean for Graduate Studies.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree
- Graduate Record Exam
- Clinical training and experience (medicine, nursing, dentistry, or allied health degree)
- Advanced training in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) (Baccalaureate major, M.S. or Ph.D.) with interest and/or experience in the clinical sciences or health care delivery environment.
Incoming students are expect to have prior coursework or work experience equivalent to at least an undergraudate degree in one or more of the following fields:
- Mathematics (Calculus, Trigonometry, and/or Discrete Math)
- Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Health professions training
Other students will be considered on an individual basis.