- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Emory University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Atlanta, GA. Dissertation: Toward a neural representation of the feline ankle joint,
1994. Advisor: T. Richard Nichols, Ph.D.
- M.D. (Cum Laude), Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA.
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Minors in biology and mathematics.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Division of Geriatrics, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco.
- Fellow, Division of Geriatrics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco.
- House Officer, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco.
- Cognitive Disorders