Vascular/Interventional Radiology Fellowship Program
The University of Nebraska is one of the five busiest multi-organ transplant centers in the USA with active programs in liver, pancreas, kidney, small bowel and stem cell transplantation that result in a considerable volume of diagnostic and therapeutic intervention.
- The University of Nebraska Medical Center is an all digital department.
- Two flat-panel Siemens AXIOM Artis angio suites are located in the brand new radiology facility (Clinical Center of Excellence). Along with two Phillips Allura Biplanes.
- The University of Nebraska Medical Center has state of the art MR and multi-slice CT scanners capable of high resolution MR and CT angiography.
- Two residents rotate through the department each month.
- Two dedicated Physician’s Assistants.
The University of Nebraska Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (US ACGME). The Fellow in Vascular and Interventional Radiology must have successfully completed a US Residency training program in Diagnostic Radiology accredited by the US ACGME or an overseas program that conforms to similar standards. The program is a one year clinical program in which the fellow will participate in a broad range of vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology procedures including the pre-procedure evaluation of patients, pre- and post-procedure consultations, and appropriate follow-up care. The Fellow will be given graded responsibility for decision making and performance of procedures as the year progresses with attending physician supervision provided in a manner consistent with the requirements of the HCFA US IL-372 Teaching Physician Regulations. Although primarily a clinical training program, Fellows will be also provided with opportunities to engage in research. As part of the training process, the Fellow will provide clinical services at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and the Omaha Veterans Administration Center.
- Body Imaging
- MR Fellowship
- Interventional Radiology
- Pediatric Fellowship
For more information, please contact the International department at firstname.lastname@example.org